Monday, July 6, 2020

The friendship lessons we've learned during the pandemic

The friendship lessons we've learned during the pandemic

We need our friends more than ever right now. 

I have spent the past 100 days of lockdown in the sleepy Warwickshire village where I grew up. Coming back to the place I once called home, I've become aware that a friendship of mine that once burned bright is now slowly extinguishing itself. Like striking a match on a windy day, all attempts to rekindle it have been snuffed out. That realisation didn't happen upon me overnight but was rather a slow dawning that came after a constellation of silences and scores of unreplied messages. "Don't take it personally," some friends have charitably said to me over voice notes sent from afar. "I'm sure it's not the end," others have said.  Read more...

More about Friendship, Sex And Relationships, Coronavirus, Culture, and Sex Relationships


via Tech Republiq

No comments:

Post a Comment